Tinting. Tracing. Drawing. Penciling. Filling. For such small little things, eyebrows take so much work. Whether you fill them in yourself each and every morning, visit your esthetician every two weeks to get them dyed, or have given up out of too much hassle, we are bringing the perfect solution into Sanctuary Spa.
Microblading is a unique process for achieving flawless, semi-permanent brows. Brows are penciled on with a hand-held tool containing several extremely thin needles to draw individual hairs, thus creating the look of natural, perfect brows. Microblading is classified as a semi-permanent treatment since the pigment is expected to last 18 months – 2 years, with a gradual fade over time.
(And no, it won’t look like a bad permanent makeup tattoo gone wrong!)
- We hate to break it to you, but no coffee/alcohol/energy drinks the day of your treatment. In other words, avoid all social contact so as to not accidentally kill a friend.
- Hail the pale and bear the hair! No sun bathing, tanning, or waxing 3 days prior to your treatment.
- No intensive skin care treatments (chemical peels, dermabrasion, mesotherapy, etc.) 2-3 weeks prior to your appointment. Any skin care treatment that promotes such skin cell rejuvenation can lead to unwanted irritation.
- Stock up on dry shampoo! Absolutely no getting your skin wet for at least 7 days. You could pay for a hair dresser to help wash your hair, but let’s be honest. Your 20s prepared you for this.
- No botox for at least 4 weeks after your microblading appointment. If you have recently had botox, wait at least 2 weeks before microblading.
- NO contact with water or other liquids for the entire week (7 WHOLE DAYS!) after your treatment. Even the tiniest drop will scab your skin. We repeat, NO LIQUID CONTACT.
- Disinfect your new, beautiful brows 2-4 times per day with one spray of witch hazel on a cotton ball. (If your skin is oily, dry brows prior to applying witch hazel. If you’re especially sweaty or oily throughout the day, apply witch hazel more frequently. If you’re prone to dry skin instead, you can use saline solution for two of the daily disinfectants and witch hazel once).
- Use Bactine (a first aid spray) for itchiness.
- After 7 days, use a gentle, unscented/neutral soap or non-greasy cleanser to clean.
Things to Avoid
- No scratching, touching, or sleeping on brows.
- No other ointments, creams, or antibiotics.
- No exercise or saunas for two days after your treatment.
- No makeup or other cosmetics on the treated area for 2 weeks.
- No sunbathing, solarium, or tanning for 4 weeks.
- No tinting or intensive skin care treatments for 4 weeks.
Visit Deluxe Brows for additional information on microblading and the intensive courses our staff has undergone.